||Program Coordinator- Health
||Joint Operation for Social Help (JOSH) is a non-profit organization registered as trust under section 60. JOSH works by engaging youth and larger community on the issue of governance, education and gender.
It works on the issues of education, health, skill development, child rights, and governance for all round development of young people. It works primarily with children, youth, adolescent girls, women and marginalized communities. Organization works through field implementation across country to develop capacity of children and youth to contribute to their holistic development. Based on the field experience, organization also undertakes policy interventions. At present organization is working in six state including Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jharkhand, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh.
||1 year initially (co-terminus)
||Lead- Public services
|Scope of Position
स्थिति का दायरा
||The incumbent will work under the leadership of Lead- Public Services and in close coordination with staff of Jharkhand to deliver stragetic plans as well as in accordance with the policy guidelines of JOSH. The prime responsibility will be to work closely with networks and alliances in Jharkhand on JOSH’s thematic area especially education and health. The incumbent will anchor campaign and advocacy in collaboration with education and health networks in the state. S/he will liaison with relevant stakeholders, ministries, colleges & universities and government department to advocate and campaign for policy change and its effective implementation. The incumbent will also coordinate with non-funded partners for organizing campaign activities in the state.
- To analyse the social, economic, and political situation of the area and its impact on the poor people. Use the collective knowledge gained through initiatives in strategic planning and programme development, monitoring and evaluation in line with agreed programme objectives.
- To contribute to the development of a comprehensive programme as per JOSH’s agreed objectives with respect to the strategically identified issues at local, state, national levels.
- Support strengthening alliances with state and national networks, academia and think-tanks and key stakeholders working on right to health and patient rights.
- Maintain outreach with health ministries, human rights institutions and policymakers for advocacy
- Utilise evidence from JOSH’s grassroots level interventions to influence district, state and national level stakeholders
- Represent JOSH to local communities, government departments, international agencies, local partners and donors as required
- Track policy developments on issues of concern, monitor and track positive practices as part of the program or in government interventions and foster their amplification and draw knowledge to support advocacy and program development.
- Support evidence on issues of concern to the OIN health programme from social inclusion, inequality and gender lenses to support advocacy on specific issues
- Support health campaigning including ensuring connection of grassroots work and advocacy, and provide support for mainstream and social media engagement and coordination with campaign allies
- Contribute to the development of public communication materials in coordination with the project team to support online and on-ground mobilization and policy-maker outreach.
- Mobilize middle class on issues of commercialization of health including ensuing the implementation of the Patients’ Rights Charter and the Clinical Establishments Act
- Draft, contribute to or provide inputs for national policy products on health for diverse audiences, as needed, through a range of products including technical reports, policy reactive and media articles.
- Provide need based technical support to programmatic interventions on health.
- Ensure that gender, inequality, diversity and social inclusion analyses are applied across all levels of planning and delivery.
- Provide technical framing to work on citizen participation and social accountability and strengthening grievance redress and action to strengthen citizen voice on issues of public health.
- Support advocacy and direct community-led work on access to medicines and SRHR/RCH including work with citizens, frontline and middle level government functionaries and other CSOs active on the issue
|Qualification & Experience
- Eight years of experience in a similar job, including experience of handling health advocacy campaigns on scale or multi-state public health interventions.
- Excellent networking skills with different stakeholders including a track record of working with civil society networks and alliances working on health.
- Have a robust understanding of public health.
- Master’s degree, preferably in social sciences, community health or similar disciplines.
- Good networking, consensus building and brokering skills and the ability to build strong, credible and personal relationships with influential advocacy contacts and civil society alliances.
- Excellent writing skills in English, and a good working knowledge of another Indian language, preferably Hindi.
- Computing skills (should be fluent in MS Office, especially Word and Excel and electronic communication).
- Basic understanding of social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and experience in drafting professional posts for the platforms.
- Ability to connect policies, laws and regulations with the lived reality of public health in India
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and networks towards action.
- Knowledge of the socio-economic and political context of the country.
- Results oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and have good planning, management and organisation skills – should be a self-starter.
- Physical fitness for travel and a willingness for sustained field work
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and verbal English and Hindi
- Public policy advocacy, network building and campaign experience.
- Experience of writing blogs, newsletters, and articles in journals.
- Knowledge and skills in financial analysis and management.
- Past work on citizen participation and social accountability in health, private sector regulation or access to medicines.
||As per the organizational policy
||Willingness to travel across country
||A salary that is commensurate with JOSH policies and the experience of the right candidate.
||The renewable appointment is for a period of Seven Month Initially. Interested applicants should send a detailed CV, with their areas of primary interest and past works to email@example.com latest by September 11, 2022 with the subject line “Program Coordinator- Health”
|Job Email id